A quick gluten free lunch made with courgettes and chickpea (gram) flour. Gram flour is an excellent source of plant protein.
3 small to medium courgettes coarsely grated
3 spring onions, chopped
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 and 1/2 cup gram (chickpea) flour (210g )
1 cup water (250ml)
1/2 tsp salt or to taste
1. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. The batter should be the thickness of pancake batter. Add more gram flour if needed.
2. Let the batter rest for 10-15 min (or up to 4 hrs).
3. Fry small fritters in a small amount of olive oil (use a good non stick pan). I use a Czech pancake pan for perfectly round shape fritters.
4. Flip the fritters when the edges start to turn golden brown. They are done when no batter comes out if pressed.
5. I like to serve mine with a salad and some sweet chilli sauce.